Father’s day is almost here! This is the perfect day to show dad that he isn’t “just dad.” It is your opportunity to thank him for everything that he has done, to let him relax, to spend time with him, to tell him how much you love him, and most importantly, to make him a BIG FEAST! That’s right…what father doesn’t want a big feast on his special day. So, to help you prepare, I have come up with some great menu options (for you to pick from) that will definitely get the “dad” stamp of approval.
FATHER’S DAY MENU IDEAS
- Arugula salad w/ grilled mushrooms and maple balsamic dressing
- Spelt pasta salad w/ sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, chopped kale (or any leafy green), feta cheese and pesto sauce
- Baked sweet potato (topped with some olive oil and sea salt)
- Grilled vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, peppers, red onion) marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper.
- Baked asparagus (w/ olive oil and sea salt. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350*F)
- Grilled sweet organic corn
- Baked cauliflower (w/ olive oil, sea salt, turmeric, garlic salt, paprika)
- Rosemary lemon chicken– Marinate chicken in olive oil, freshly minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, fresh/dried rosemary, sea salt and pepper. Grill on the BBQ until cooked through. Garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig and a few slices of fresh lemon (can also add some parsley for a garnish).
- Lean Steak (or red meat of choice)–Yes, I had to include this because what father doesn’t like their red meat. Season according to taste, throw it on the BBQ, cook to liking and enjoy
- Grilled Salmon–Marinate salmon in olive oil, freshly minced garlic, freshly grated ginger, tamari (type of soy sauce, can get wheat free), freshly squeezed lemon juice and pepper…OPTION: a little honey for sweetness.
- Fruit platter (berries, melon, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, grapes)
- Sweets From the Earth makes some great deserts with all natural ingredients (check out their website to see what they have to offer).
Have a great Father’s Day! Bon Appetite!